Elder Services of Cape Cod and the Islands, Inc. is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to promoting the welfare, enhancing the quality of life, and maintaining the dignity of adults as they age in Barnstable, Dukes and Nantucket Counties. The population of our service area is about 232,500 and of the total population, over 80,000 or 30% are age 65 or older. Our organization works with government, non-profit and private partners to identify and respond to the needs, problems, and concerns of elders and their families. We currently employ 149 people to accomplish this work.
Since our beginning in 1972, we’ve recognized that a work-life balance is an important factor in employee engagement and satisfaction. Our flex schedule, employee recognition efforts, competitive pay structure and range of benefits help support our employees in the important work they do each day to improve our consumers’ quality of life.
At Elder Services of Cape Cod and the Islands, our employees are developing programs and providing services to seniors and the disabled in our community. These programs and services are continually evolving and improving. We welcome the innovative ideas of the individuals who work here and depend on their collaborative efforts to effectively realize our mission.
It takes a diverse group of individuals with a range of talents to make a difference in a community. We recognize that. Many of our employees are on a second or third career. The range of experiences and knowledge they bring help us to achieve success. A success that you will see reflected in the day to day lives of the people we serve.
Would you like to be part of our success?
Please visit our Career Center
Hear What Our Employees Say About Us!
For Our Employees, We Provide a Wide Range of Benefits Geared Towards a Work-Life Balance
- A full coverage health plan with low deductible and premium costs
- Significant employer contribution to health, dental, life and LTD insurance policies
- A dental plan with coverage for preventative and maintenance as well as orthodontics
- Our vision plan offers $150 towards frames and affordable co-pays
- The agency pays for a Long-Term Disability plan & Life insurance policy at no cost to our employees
- We offer a 6% of salary contribution to our Nationwide pension plan
- Nationwide 403b retirement savings plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Qualifying Employer
- Mileage reimbursement
- Full-time flex Schedule offering a four-day work week
- Work one day per week remote for full-time employees
- Commitment to promoting from within
- Employee Assistance Plan
Additional Employee Benefits
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year increasing with longevity
- 3 weeks of sick time
- 32 hours of personal time
- 13 paid holidays
We also offer supportive services to low-income, unemployed older adults experiencing difficulties re-entering the labor force through our Senior Community Service Employment Program.